Saturday, February 10, 2007

In an earlier blog post I gave my two cents about an online columnn by William M. Arkin at the Washington Post's National and Homeland Security blog called Early Warning. The title was The Troops Also Need to Support the American People Mr Arkin recieved 1500 comments before the post turned off comenting for that particular post.

He has responded with posts titled A Note to My Readers on Supporting the Troops and Demonization and Responsibility.

Neither response had a whole lot to say. He kinda put down the soldiers that were insulted, and the people who responded. He said that while we should and do support the troops, we should also question their actions, their leadership's policies, the policies of the polititians that sent them there, and weather or not we should have even sent them there in the first place.

He attempts to paint the people who criticize as right wing zealots and then goes on and on defending himself, his motives, and The Post. Oh yea, his editors have "recomended" that this be the last post that he adresses the issue.

To summarize, "I wrote something inflamatory about our troops. They over reacted, you over reacted, I was right. I'm paid by, but don't represent The Washington Post and am not told what to write about here, but I've been told not to write about this topic anymore."

No comments: