Friday, November 03, 2006

The new Blogger Beta

I love this. I've been building a new personal blog (not public yet) with Google's new version of Blogger called Blogger in Beta. I've checked out other services like TypePad, but I like the simplicity and ease of use of blogger. I always wanted some other features like topics, and now Blogger has it. what's really cool though is the page elements tab in the template section. Just clik and drag the widget you want to add and it will add it. Building your side bar is easy also. Choose the widget called "list of links," drag it to the location you want it and voila. You can name it, for example "Conservative Oregon Blogs " and use a wizard to add each link, choose how you want it ordered and you have your blog roll. It's really cool, check it out.

As you may have noticed, my link list isn't up yet. When you migrate your blog, any thing manually coaded in to your blog doesn't migrate, so save a copy of your old template, so you can add page elements containing your links and buttons(Orblogs, sitemeters etc.) later. I will do so tomarrow.

No comments: