Sunday, November 06, 2005

Gov Kulongoski has another challenger

This time it's State Sen. Vicki Walker
Oregon state senator plans to challenge Kulongoski
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

EUGENE, Ore. -- State Sen. Vicki Walker announced Monday that she will challenge Gov. Ted Kulongoski in the Democratic primary next year.

Walker formally entered the race with little fanfare, choosing to make the announcement from her home. "The reason I did it here is because I'm just an average Oregonian," Walker told Oregon Public Broadcasting.

"I live in a modest home in a modest street, in a great neighborhood with fabulous people around me, and I want Oregonians to know that I'm just one of them," she said.

Lane County Commissioner Pete Sorenson, another fellow Democrat, has already announced that he will challenge Kulongoski in 2006.

The Republican primary race is likely to be a rematch of 2002 between former state Republican Party Chairman Kevin Mannix and Portland lawyer Ron Saxton. State Sen. Jason Atkinson also is running.
story quoted from The Seatle Post Intelligencer

No comments: