Monday, August 01, 2005

More on Cell Phone Tax

I quoted a poll taken by My Wireless saying "that nearly two-thirds of Portlanders would oppose taxes on cell phone-related services." This garnered a comment from The One True b!X of the
Portland communique criticizing the fact that My Wireless is a front organization for wireless phone companies.

Who cares who took the poll. Yes it would be better if My Wireless disclosed who they are, but I have yet to see a valid argument that the results were skued. They have nothing to lose from the tax, do you think that a substantial number of people will actually give up their cell phones because of the tax? Maybe (and I know this is hard believe) they are actually concerned about the adverse effects this will have on their customers.

No comments: